By Nancy Ibo Mediavillo
LEGAZPI CITY, May 12 (PNA) – Disaster response authorities Tuesday morning conducted an aerial survey of the Bulusan Volcano after it was cancelled last week due to the threat of Typhoon “Dodong.”
Among those who went on board two Huey helicopters were Jessar Adornado, Office of Civil Defense 5 operations officer; Lt. Col. Luisito Angeles Jr., Philippine Air Force Tactical Operations 5 chief; and representatives from the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, Sorsogon Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, OCD 5 and TOG 5.
Adornado said the aerial survey is the positive response of the national government, through the OCD 5, to the request of the Provincial Government of Sorsogon to check on the volcano, with its abnormal condition.
Mt. Bulusan spewed ash twice last week.
Engineer Raden Dimaano, Sorsogon PDRRMO chief, was thankful that the request of their province for an aerial survey was granted.
Dimaano said they need this to find out the real situation at the summit of the volcano and the ash deposited on its slopes for them to know the threats like lahar flow once heavy rains would come.
In the meanwhile, the Phivolcs seismic instruments registered four quakes and moderate steaming as the volcano remains at Alert Level 1.(PNA)