MANILA, Jan. 10 (PNA) — A Quiapo Church official said they would call an investigation regarding the death of a Black Nazarene devotee apparently pinned by the huge crowd of the procession.
Msgr. Jose Clemente Ignacio, Quiapo Church rector said an inquiry on the incident will be conducted after the organizers of the annual event has taken their rest.
“Kapag nakapag pahinga procession organizers mag call ng review. Para makita kung ano ang nangyari,” he said in a telephone interview.
With this, the Catholic priest expressed sympathy to the families of the victims, adding that the Quiapo Church is ready to provide financial assistance to them.
Aside from the lifeless body that was found at the end of procession before dawn Saturday, a member of the Hijos del Nuestro Jesus Nazareno died due to heart attack.
Renato Guiron, 44, was pronounced dead on arrival at the Manila Doctors’ Hospital.
“Quiapo church will help them,” he said.
On the other hand, Ignacio said that based on initial reports the injuries in the 2015 traslacion was lower than those recorded the previous year.
“Although, hindi ko pa nakikita final report of injuries sabi nila mas mababa ito compared to last year,” he added.
The priest noted that the procession lasted for 21-22 hours. (PNA)